On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:34:05PM -0400, Charles Gregory wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, mouss wrote:
>>> When I did my research for setting up RBL's, I found old comparisons
>>> between RBL's that seemed to indicate that the spamhaus PBL and the
>>> spamcop lists had slightly higher levels of flase postives.
>> stop spreading FUD. if you know of false positives, show us so that we
>> see what you exactly mean.
>
> It's difficult to find current data. The original document I found,
> somewhere among old spamassassin wiki/forum files, was a decent
> comparison of the percentage FP's and FN's for many blocklists, but do
> you think I can find it now? :)
>
> I found *some* stats at http://stats.dnsbl.com which would seem to
> suggest that the spamcop database is now very accurate. Though I am
> somewhat hesitant to use spamcop as our own servers once had a brief
> listing with them (and it wasn't due to spam). Even so their stats
> all seem to be at least a year old?
>
> Still hoping to find something more recent and detailed....

Lets get serious. The only data you can trust is your _own_. Dont't shoot
you and us in the foot by trying to find stats like this. Try them on your
feed with logging.

Al Iverson has his own way of calculating things. If you look at the some
stats they make no sense like uceprotect-3 being near 0% etc.