Theo Van Dinter wrote:

I am not sure but I think something alike was done. What I mean is to have
generic chain of format converters, where at the end would be plain image
or even text, that could be processed by classic rules like bayes,
replacetags etc.

Already exists, check recent list history for "set_rendered".
:)

I though that was for text only.

In any case, any plugin looking for images, or a PDF, will most likely look at MIME type and/or file name, and then use the "decode" method to get the data, and AFAICT the "set_rendered" method doesn't have any impact on any of that.

I can't see how "set_rendered" would help in creating a fucntioning chain where one converter could put an arbitrary extracted object (image, pdf, whatever) where another converter could have a go at it.

Since the "set_rendered" method seems very undocumented I could of course be wrong here. In that case I hope to be verbosely corrected. :-)

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda