Mark Hedges wrote:

As I've already confirmed by including the debugging log
attachment in my first message, the test rule is loaded, it
expects to be looking at spammers.rbl.dmz.  (I have a
somewhat complex setup due to multiple scanners with
different preferences and mostly shared options.)  Trust me,
this is a weird problem or I wouldn't be asking.  From my
example, the local.cf in the siteconfigpath includes
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, which then includes the cf
file where the test is defined, which I already included in
a previous message.  And, it doesn't explain why the rule is
correctly loaded, but not run when scanned, and is run when
I put the message through the command line.

Hi,

Running spamassassin -D from the command line will load all the .cf files. Perhaps spamd needs to be restarted for it to see any changes you've made ?

Regards,

Rick