On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Yet Another Ninja wrote:
On 12/16/2009 6:16 PM, Charles Gregory wrote:
 On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Yet Another Ninja wrote:
>  blabber... checkout SVN - follow dev list... HABEAS is history...
 I believe the *point* here is that HABEAS is NOT 'history' for ordinary
 systems running ordinary sa-update on 3.2.5.....

they can adjust scores if they don't approve of what has been delivered...

Agreed. But that does not make the statement "HABEAS is history" accurate in any way that is relevant to current sa-update......

 My rules (in /var/lib/spamassassin) still include the strong negative
 scores for HABEAS, as discussed here.
funny.. my rules show a 0 score for HABEAS stuff, same with all the other "certification services" oh wait!! I adjusted the scores myself coz I didn't want them in my way.

Why don't you go one step further and just 'unsubscribe' from any spam you receive? If you want the ultimate in responsive after-the-spam-has-arrived customization, that's the way to go.... ;)

Oh. Sorry. Someimes the sarcasm gets away from me.

We are discussing the DEFAULT rules. The only way someone can tell me that HABEAS is "history" and have it apply to ME is if they have propogated a change through sa-update. They haven't. Your customizatino sounds a lot like mine. But just because you and I have solved our problems for *us* personally does not mean we can just forget about everyone else.

You're a Ninja, judging by your From header. You *must* be in this to improve things for everyone. I'm certainly not posting here just to hear myself talk. I can customize my server far faster (it's actually a daily routine) than I can type suggestions here. But I want this to work for everyone. And everyone is not on this list. So changing SA defaults is the best way to help everyone.

I don't have the 'budget' to just jump in and help code, so I make suggestions, with (I hope) the appropriate tone of respect for the people who *do* have the 'budget' to be working on improving SA. But this is NOT me whining about *my* problems. I don't have a problem with HABEAS. I occasionally notice their rule fire, but usually something else knocks out the spam anyways.... (shrug)

- C