From: "Christian Brel" <brel.spamassassin091...@copperproductions.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, 2009/December/17 09:28

{side note}
Has anyone noticed how the thread 'emailreg.org - tainted white list'
has been left unchanged, despite the topic moving on to Habeas. Whilst
this is side splittingly funny if you do a search on emailreg.org and
see it in the archives, it's probably not fair to drag their name
through the mud when the topic has moved on?

I wonder how long the thread will be left at the new 're: habeas -
tainted white list'? How many will post using it? Or if those black
helicopters and MIB's will seek to put a stop to it?

I believe on the whole Warren Togami's posting about a whitelist
performance on a masscheck settles the affair. White lists are very
reliable. They are also very unnecessary within SpamAssassin. So
perhaps the whole topic can die.

I also note that the people complaining about the white lists seem
to leave out solid data. Were the "spams" really confirmed spams or
were they merely scored as spams? What scores hit that made them
score as spams? What kind of installation do you have? How many
emails a day are processed?

It's little details like that which prompt other people to look at
assertions somewhat askance or ignore them outright.

With my three personal accounts I have yet to see an email off this
list containing HABEAS, spam or ham, since this discussion began. I
guess I don't do business with HABEAS customers and no spammers have
pushed through anything from a HABEAS site. The mail volume is fairly
high (LKML and a couple other Linux lists). And the spam seems to be
suddenly up from 60-80 a day to the 90s/day. For those spammers who
are listening, I REALLY do not need Via-thingie-alis whether or not
it is from he Pf people. If I REALLY need to get it up I do a sexy
striptease or something like that. (The V thingie seems to be a new
feature of my spam bucket - 10 or more of them a day.)

{^_-}