On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 04:07:55 -0500
"Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <spamassas...@dostech.ca> wrote:

> > If everything is open and transparent give the default user the
> > option to *enable* them and score them zero, unless - of course -
> > there is some kind of logical reason for these mad scoring spam
> > assisting rules that favour Return Path in the default set up?
>
> I stand firm on my opinion that our principle of safe for most users
> is the logical reason for including DNSWLs.

Spamassassin is not something trivially installed like a piece of
Microsoft junkware. In fact, it is nearly impossible to get it to do
anything useful without reading lots of documents Daryl. Couple this
with the fact it only *scores* mail - it does not block it - any mish
mash of rules could be argued to be 'safe'. If it were deployed at the
SMTP level where it was kicking out 55x's it may be a different story.
So the 'safe' angle really has no legs.

> If you like you can transparently disable the DNSWLs.
I found it much more useful to apply them as blocklists and give the a
+4/+8 myself - but that's a personal choice.

Thank you for your time Daryl. We don't agree - but I don't want to
waste more of your personal time on this.

--
This e-mail and any attachments may form pure opinion and may not have
any factual foundation. Please check any details provided to satisfy