Slightly OT. To get 'control' of what my MX does at SMTP time I installed a simple SMTP daemon called 'Mail Avenger', which acts as a front end to my spamassassin and postfix. It's scripting capabilties allow for such interesting things as tracking the volume of mail sent by any one IP over a given time period. Stuff like that. Primarily designed for use as an MX, but no reason it couldn't help monitor/limit outgoing mail....

http://www.mailavenger.org

- C