Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> Le mardi 16 février 2010 à 20:29 +0000, Martin Gregorie a écrit :
>> Obvious choices for (4), in order of hitting the infected user with a
>> successively bigger clue stick, are:
>>
>> - silently discard the spam,
>>   but you'll also throw away false positives.
>>

> Using before queuing filtering (on postfix) I reject the mail at SMTP
> time so the client gets an error (550 i guess) an so is aware (as far
> as a user can be aware of anything) his mail has been refused.
>
>> - silently discard the spam and tell him you've done so on a daily basis
>>
> I don't want to do something like this.

Daily notifications might be a good idea.  If there is a spam-bot on the
user's computer, he will not see the SMTP rejections.  The only way he
will know he is infected is if you let him know (assuming the generic
clueless user here).  Sending an email on a daily (or weekly) basis to
let him know that there is spam coming from his computer along with a
support number to call or a link to an FAQ of some sort would probably
be useful.

--
Bowie