On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Benny Pedersen wrote:

On man 01 mar 2010 02:37:37 CET, John Hardin wrote

I've suggested this before, but the current position appears to be "if the MUA doesn't display it automatically, why should we scan it?"

same goes for "just enter this url" when the sender was tired of doing it right, fuzzyocr solved this

Justin, I would respectfully suggest this may no longer be a reasonable position, at least for plain text and HTML attachments...

+1

Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@spamassassin.apache.org/msg64449.html

That doesn't answer the question of whether I misunderstood the position Justin was taking on attachments.

Jonas, what's the current status of that plugin? It looks pretty stable to me. And, can it extract from basic text attachments? I assume so...

extracttext_external    text    {CS:UTF-8} /bin/cat -
extracttext_use         text    .txt .htm .html text/(?:plain|html)

?

  We have to realize that people who run the government can and do
  change. Our society and laws must assume that bad people -
  criminals even - will run the government, at least part of the
  time.                                               -- John Gilmore
 13 days until Albert Einstein's 131st Birthday