On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:09:35 +0300
Henrik K <h...@hege.li> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 10:26:27PM -0800, Royce Williams wrote:
> > >

> > Maybe I'm having a vocabulary problem.  My MSAs are really also
> > MTAs - they receive mail from the customer, do an MX lookup on the
> > destination domain, and relay.  But they are not MXes in that they
> > do not receive mail from foreign MTAs.
>
> Read and re-read "msa_networks" documentation. IMHO it's very clearly
> defined. It's just an extender for *_networks.

I think he may have put his finger on the problem in a previous post.

msa_networks defines the MSA by IP address. If SA runs on an MSA its
address is unlikely to be in the received headers. In that case SA has
no way of distinguishing an MSA from an MX server.

I would think that in this case the dynamic address blocks would need to
be explicitly defined.