Gary Smith wrote:
Instead of running multiple SA servers, it is possible to run a single
consolidated SA server where only the userpref's are different for each spamc
caller (given that the local config will override the global config) AND still
use a single bayes DB?  We use a clustered MySql instance for bayes, and I
don't want to have to worry about a bayes DB per user.

This big difference between the instances are mostly the required_score
threshold, few score overrides and a few custom rules.

Any recommendations on how to handle this?  I would be really nice to use a
single config for all SA instances, whereas the only difference being the user
config.

If all of the differences are in required_score, custom scores on a few rules, a few fairly trivial rules, etc, then yes, you should be able to do this.

Either create real system users filter1, filter2, etc or read up on spamd's virtual user support. A quick read of spamd's man page shows a little clearer and more coherent set of options than I recall from ~2.x.

-x and --virtual-config-dir are probably good places to start.

-kgd