On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Helmut Schneider wrote:
with certain mails on FreeBSD 8.0 and SA 3.3.1 I have a performance
problem:

What distinguishes 'certain mails'? Length? Content? Mime attachements?

So the body tests take ~ 30 of 37 seconds. It's not a load problem,

I noticed a significant increase in processing time when I upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3..... but it was pretty much for all messages.....

You might want to raise the level of debugging so that you see the test which did NOT match, so that you can truly assess how long each body rule takes to process. Your logs show 6 second 'gaps' but they may have just been filled with non-hitting rule tests....

- C