It's possible, the local DNS server becomes non-responsive -hate Microsoft-
restarting DNS service is not solution, I have to restart machine.
*** I DIDN'T VERIFY IT'S THE ROOT CAUSE OR NOT ***

I also have spamd crash problem, it crashes very often:

Application: spamd.exe,
version 3.3.1.2,
timestamp 0x4b75db31,
modul IPHLPAPI.DLL_unloaded,
version 0.0.0.0,
timestamp 0x49e037a4,
code 0xc0000005,
error loc 0x74f83386,
eventid 0xe98,
app startup 0x01cb23e00ec14618.

So, I wrote a batch file which one checks and recovers the service, if
necessary,
in every 5 minutes. I use free cryping.exe utility.

--- Recover-Spamassassin.bat ---
c:
cd \NET\Services
cryping -port 783 127.0.0.1 | Find "100%%" > nul
@If ErrorLevel 1 Goto OK

:RESTART
@echo Restarting Spamassassin & MTA services...
@call restart-spamassassin&mta.bat