On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Emin Akbulut wrote:
spamassassin.exe always calculates the same/correct score.

Good... Goood.....

pamd second run reports only a few tests. Is it OK? I mean spamd runs all test but only adds which one increases score to it's report? Or these tests are processed tests list only? First run has tons of tests, second run has only 5 tests.

I am presuming, by your description that the exact same *unmodified* file is passing through spamc/spamd all three times, and that there are no other variables. The spamc calls are literalyl one after the other, with no change of userid or other change that would possibly lead toa different set of configuration files being read.

So this means that it is spamd itself that is 'different' on the second execution. You are going to need to enable verbose logging for spamd and do these three tests and see what messages appear in the logs (presumably) showing a failure to load config files on the second run.

Is it possiblt that the file LOCKING on your system prevents spamd from accessing certain files under certain circumstances?

What happens if you run ANY other messaeg through spamc as the 'second' run, and then run the third one on the orignial file? Is spamd sensitie to it being the same messaeg or just messes up on 8whatever* the second message would happen to be? Timing or content?

- C