----- Original Message ----- From: "Matus UHLAR - fantomas" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
To: <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: sa-update

Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 11.07.10 15:18, Grant Peel wrote:
I have recently build a new server build and am not finding (appears) that
SA is not updating correctly.

Why did you build 3.2.5? And how did you build it? Do you use any software
distribution? Does it provide SA 3.3.1 or at least 3.2.5 ?

What is the reason SA is not findong my site configs? (according to the
man, they are in one of the search directories) see below.

you have apparently configured something wrong. Maybe you are having two
different installs of spamassassin.

Negative, this box was built from scratch, with one spamassassin installation. Was built from FreeBSD Ports.

Here is the email output I am getting each night:
[...]
[41739] dbg: config: using "/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules pre files
[...]
config: no configuration text or files found! please check your setup
check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan! at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 164.
[...]

Here is where the default configs are:

pegasus# cd /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin: No such file or directory.

pegasus# cd /usr/local/share/spamassassin
pegasus# ls -la
total 632
[...]
Here is where the site configs are:

pegasus# cd /etc/mail/spamassassin
pegasus# ls -la
total 34

Why are those configs in /etc/mail/spamassassin if SA expects them in
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin ?

According to man spamassassin, it looks for the first existing directlry in:

"Site-specific configuration data is used to override any values which
had already been set. This is loaded from the first existing directory
      in:

      /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin
      /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin
      /usr/local/etc/spamassassin
      /usr/local/etc/spamassassin
      /usr/pkg/etc/spamassassin
      /usr/etc/spamassassin
      /etc/mail/spamassassin
      /etc/spamassassin
"

On my system, /etc/mail/spamassassin is the only one of this group that exists.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.