Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* Randy Ramsdell <rramsd...@activedg.com>:
I found an bug in spamassassin that can be reliably reproduced when
using our local rules. What would be interesting is to track down
where this bug is exactly.

1. The process runs @ 100% cpu and hangs there.  Has t o be kill -9 'ed
2. I see no errors in spamassassin -D

For the time being I have removed our rules until this problem is resolved.

My question is is what would be the best way to determine what bug I
am hitting when the process simply hangs?

Add first halve of your rules, test
if it exposes the error, split in two halves and test each halve.
etc.

Yeah that is the fastest way. :) I used a little diff formula and found the issue. My I think this may not be the rule we were going for but ...
body            __RCR_MEGADK                    /.*(M.*E.*G.*A.*D.*K).*/