On 13.12.10 09:52, mouss wrote:
> depends on your users.
> if it's your own hobby mail system, you can block linkedin, facebook,
> twitter, hotmail, yahoo, ... etc. nobody will complain ;-p

I mean, if someone doesn't wish to receive linkedin invitations, (s)he does
not need to check them for DKIM ...

>> On 13.12.10 08:17, Per Jessen wrote:
>>> And whilst invitations such as those broadcasted are annoying, they're
>>> not _really_ spam, are they?
>>
>> they are UBE, I'm not sure if that means spam to you...
>
> if we're talking about messages sent by/via debian lists, they are not
> unsollicited. you only receive them if you subscribe to debian lists.

I don't think anyone subscribes to debian lists to receive LinkedIn (and
other) invitations. Debian lists also aren't made to receive and distribute
that kind of mail.

> if we're about invitations received directly from linkedin, then they
> are not necessarily bulk nor necessarily unsollicited. it would be
> better to give real examples (evidence) so that we can talk about the
> same thing.

I'd say that a single invitation is never bulk, but such invitations
globally are. And if they all were solicited, I think we would not discuss
this problem here.

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.