On 1/18/2011 4:13 AM, J4 wrote:

> I have Dovecot LDA so Sieve might well be a good idea, but I would
> like to inform the sender that the Email was dropped as spam, and
> avoid backscatter.   I don't think I can do this with Sieve/Dovecot LDA.

You cannot do this from the delivery agent without creating
backscatter.  If you want to inform the sender, the only reliable way to
do it is to scan the message when it first comes in and simply reject
the spam.  This way, you never accept the message and the sending system
is responsible for notifying the sender that the message did not go through.

--
Bowie