David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:17:28 +0100
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> ...and we still don't have better standardized and documented way to
>> report abuse, do we?
>
> postmaster@ *has* to be there for sure, so if abuse@ is not, send
> your reports to postmaster@
>
> I understand what rfc-ignorant.org is trying to achieve.  The reality
> is that blocking every site that would be a candidate for listing on
> rfc-ignorant.org would cause huged numbers of FPs.
>
> rfc-ignorant.org is very good at the "Be conservative in what you
> send" part of the Robustness Principle, but no so good at "be liberal
> in what you accept."

I have been using rfc-ignorant for at least five years, I regularly
submit new sites and I apply a local list of whitelisted domains.  IMO,
it's not up to rfc-ignorant to apply judgement, rfc-ignorant is merely
the publisher of a list of domains meeting certain criteria.
To apply judgement is for me to do, not rfc-ignorant. I do this with SA
scores and by applying my whitelist.

Perhaps one could argue that rfc-ignorant should publish a list
of "excused" or whitelisted domains, i.e. domains for whom it is deemed
reasonable to violate the criteria, but this would require rfc-ignorant
to apply judgement, something I would rather be without.

/Per Jessen, Zürich