> From: John Hardin [mailto:jhar...@impsec.org]
>
> Agreed. I was speculating that multiple variants of SPF_PERMISSIVE
> might be justified, e.g. SPF_PERMISSIVE_ALL, SPF_PERMISSIVE_1,
> SPF_PERMISSIVE_8, etc. However, it is only speculation; I have no
> data to support that level of complexity being useful.

Why not use Net::CIDR::Lite for this?

Our hypothetic plugin could merge together CIDRs via Net::CIDR::Lite->add()
and get the resultant merged, non-overlapping CIDRs via ->list(), then count
the size of the allowed addresses (via something like 2^(32 - cidr_prefix))
and fire rules like the ones you suggest.

Giampaolo