> On 03 Oct 2014, at 11:21 , Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
>

> Am 03.10.2014 um 19:11 schrieb LuKreme:

>>> the [SPAM] marker comes *before* all other sieve-filters
>>> otherwise it would not catch faked From-Headers
>>
>> You should not be filtering on Subject. Scoring on subject is fine,
>> but filtering on it is a terrible idea
>
> i try to explain the intention of the thread a last time:
>
> * what i filter or not don't matter, i look in my junk-folder
> * it was meant as friendly reminder if somebody don't whitelist
>  the SA list which is the reason [SPAM] appears in *his* incoming
>  mail it is a good idea after press "reply" remove that marker

His is whose?

A lot of people add [TAGS] to their incoming mail. If someone adds [SPAM] to
list coming from here that’s fine.

No one should be running SA on messages to this list anyway.

> * i just don't get what needs a discussion about such a hint

It doesn’t sound like a hint, and it’s not useful, and it doesn’t do anything
that I can see other than annoy people who’ve replied to you.

> * it is a bad idea to write mails with spam-markers in the subject

[SPAM] is not a spam marker I’ve ever seen so it seems perfectly OK to me. If
they were adding something like (Spam? 7.9) then you might, maybe, just
possibly, have an argument.

>  because you never know how they are treated in case of the different
>  RCPT's on a mailing list and since *your intention as sender* is
>  that the list-members reveive your mail *it is in your intention*
>  to not put things in the subject making that more unlikely

How mail is treated by the recipient is up to the recipient.

> again:
> it is not a matter of talking about spam on the SA list
> it is just a matter if you already made the mistake pass
> the list mail through your contentfilter don't amplify it
> by bounce back the marker in your response

You are assuming, I think wrongly, that the [SPAM] tag is being used because of
a content filter and not simply a tag to identify the name of the list.

> do i personally care?
> no - why should i?

Then why have you gone on so long about it?

> it's not my mail which may get not the attention the sender likes

Then I suggest you take a page from Bobby McFerrin, “Don’t worry, be happy” and
just assume the people subscribed to this mailing list know what they are doing.

--
It was all very well going about pure logic and how the universe was
ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact was that