On Jun 9, 2015, at 12:29 PM, John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:
(2) Check the HELO the other guy sends and reject if it's not a FQDN
(i.e.  it's not got any periods at all).  This probably shouldn't be done
on mail originating locally, but for mail coming in from the Internet the
other MTA should always be sending a FQDN in the HELO.  A non-FQDN HELO
is a pretty good sign of a spambot sending from a compromised workstation
or PC directly to your MTA.