Am 16.09.2015 um 15:22 schrieb Marc Richter:
All this is true.

As you already pointed out in a previous post, resolving is quite slow
on that host. I have no influence on the networking arround that box. So
I did not want other things starting to go slow by this.

well, and there unbound with "cache-min-ttl: 3600" on 127.0.0.1 will save you a ton of DNS requests outside your network for repeatly hammering clients / urls, the ones which ar enot very active are most likely in no cache anyways

"cache-min-ttl" is AFAIK a unbound-only feature because it violates RFC's but in case of a mailserver it's your decision and if you don#t set it for days normally not a problem

you just need to outweight caching/timing and how much junk slips because you cache a NXDOMAIN for a DNSBL/URIBL while 10 minutes later it may be listed

you need also to look very careful if it always is that slow or just for some domains - the slowdown can also be caused by the DNS server responsible for a domain/PTR-zone and you would only benefit from the ISP cache if another user already asked the same question there, if not you have to wait the same time because the ISP cache can't make the SOA server faster