On 9/17/2015 8:26 AM, Vikram Goyal wrote:

Hello friends,

I have a requirement as per subject.

I created a test rule, as following:

# Add header
header __Spl_Subject    Subject =~ /.*(Chk hdr TTgre7U).*/i
meta GMAIL_TAGS (( __Spl_Subject) > 0)
add_header all X-Tag-Type P
describe GMAIL_TAGS Manual: add/modify gmail tags
priority GMAIL_TAGS -5000

The rule matches as I checked it against a mail with the matching subject line.

Content analysis details:   (-3002.0 points, 9.0 required)

pts rule name              description
1.0 GMAIL_TAGS             Manual: add/modify gmail tags
-3.0 ALL_TRUSTED            Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
-100 SHORTCIRCUIT           SHORTCIRCUIT
-2900 SC_HAM Manual: Manually White Listed, Local, OR Trusted Ham

But the rule didn't add a custom header to the mail as mentioned in the rule. Also lint does not report any error. Could someone point me to what I am missing?

Two things:

1) add_header is a global config. It has nothing to do with the rule you created. "add_header all" means add the specified header to all mail regardless of spam status.

2) Depending on how you are using SA, the header and subject tags may not apply. For example, Amavis has its own settings for adding headers and subject tags.

--
Bowie