On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 11:35:33 -0800
Marc Perkel <supp...@junkemailfilter.com> wrote:

> Bayes is about matching. My Evolution filter is about NOT matching.
> It's the*NOT matching* that makes it different.

Unless you've described it wrong, it's not about not matching.  Its
about seeing if there are more tokens seen in spam that have never
been seen in ham than the opposite.  Unless I misunderstand your
technique, tokens that have never, ever been seen are not considered
at all.  [As is indeed the case with Bayes, except for those Bayes
classifiers that assign some arbitrary probability to
never-before-seen tokens.]

So it is, in fact, matching.  It looks very much like Bayes to me except
without the theoretical justification.

Regards,

Dianne.