On 17.02.16 11:08, Amanda Giarla wrote:
Please note that I am working on Training Server not a working server.
My mission is to learn how all of the packages work together.
There are many - spamassassin, exim, dovecot, clamav, roundcube to name a
few
It was suggested that I set up a spamassassin user_prefs file.
AND so I have been taking steps to do just that.
The feedback seems to express it is not possible.

As I write this I have to confess I do not know the difference between a
"unix user" and a "virtual user".
Will have to look into that notion.

In the VestaCP control panel I can create a user (which ends up as
/home/clientName) with a valid FQD name.  I can send email to the user. The
user can pull up the RoundCube email client and see and read the emails.  I
can send the GTUBE spam
message and the message gets marked as SPAM and dropped in the junk email
box. I was trying to set up a blacklist so
that the user could enter email-addresses to stop receiving email form.

Since your users, and mail server seem to be maintained by VestaCP, you
should search for support in VestaCP documentation/lists/forums.

SpamAssassin supports virtual users, but it must be configured to use them.
I have never heard of this software, and I don't know if it suppports
multiuser setup at all.

I for example use spamass-milter that does, and on some servers amavis and
MailScanner that do not...

I intend to live forever - so far so good.