On 2/25/2016 12:33 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
On 25 Feb 2016, at 11:42, John Hardin wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Bill Cole wrote:

I haven't had much time for analysis of this yet and likely will not today , but last night's update is missing a number of 'describe' lines (e.g. TO_NO_BRKTS_HTML_ONLY, TVD_FROM_1) previously in 72_active.cf.

Someone with more than 10 minutes to spare today and clues about the rules update process should look into this.

That may be due to an error in a rule change commit I made. If so, the next update (tonight) will fix it.

If that's indeed the cause, I'm surprised that masscheck proceeded in the face of a failed lint and that an error in one standalone rule affected a bunch of totally unrelated rules...

Hmmm, well, I guess a big enough problem won't fail lint:

bigsky:spamassassin root# ls -l 3.004001/updates_spamassassin_org/72_active.cf -rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 0 Feb 25 04:29 3.004001/updates_spamassassin_org/72_active.cf

That's what backups are for.  :)
(Subject revised)

Restored a backup yesterday to get the 72_active.cf file back. Rule updates from the saupdate run at about midnight updated everything and I don't see any 0-length files this time.

--
Bowie