I do not use postfix but I do greylist so I thought I would chime in
with my opinion.

Greylisting is just one of several tools available to a system
administrator for filtering out spam, like any of the other tools if
used incorrectly it will be problematic.

I do much cheaper filtering first before the server even considers
greylisting, filtering which does not require calling external tools,
does not require dns lookups.  That kind of filtering should be done
on messages first as it is cheaper.  Next I do not greylist every
single email, that would be excessive, I know some sysadmins do this,
but it would cause too much delays causing complaints and increase
server load with more retries.  Instead I greylist email's that come
from server's that fail basic 101 configuration checks, such as a
mismatched/missing rdns record, or failed spf check.  Whilst running
in this configuration for a number of years I have had zilch
complaints of missing emails, only the occasional moan about delayed
emails.  I also configure my server's so that end users who decide to
opt out can opt out, I have a whitelist file with target domain's that
will allow these failed rdns/spf emails to be delivered immediately
although they will still be subject to other checks unless whitelisted
in other checks also.

Regarding RBL lists, this one is perhaps not so simple, I do outright
block email's from certian lists I consider to be very reliable, aware
that occasionally the likes of gmail may find themselves on such a
list I exclude the major email providers from RBL checks, this of
course also reduces queries sent to those providers.  Plus as with the
greylisting, customers of mine can opt out of these checks.

List providers with history of false positives I tend to not use or I
may use them when they have a record of expiring senders quickly but
only using defer instead of deny, which should make the sender
reattempt delivery later.  I do not yet have a internal scoring
system, the only scoring system I use is spamassassin which is ok but
I found over the years it is definitely becoming less effective.

My plan is to combine RBL providers alongside some other spam
networking communities and use a scoring system, so I can do away with
the outright blocking, as although I do not get complaints, I respect
there is always the possibility of false positives.

There is also the option of delaying the incoming server for a few
seconds before allowing it to proceed, this can weed out spammers as
well who dont like been slowed down so may skip over it.

Chris