I'm not subscribed to this mailing list, so I have no standard way to
reply to Philip's email.  I don't even know his email address.

> That pattern, all of MD5, SHA1 and size matching, is exactly what
> happens if a SHA1 collision is committed using an old version of
> Subversion where the rep-cache does not detect collisions.  The first
> part of the collision would have been committed in r604440 and the
> second part in r605556.
>
> If that is the case, and a SHA1 collision did occur, then:
>
>   svnadmin verify -r604440 path/to/repository
>
> will succeed while:
>
>    svnadmin verify -r605556 path/to/repository
>
> will fail with an MD5 checksum error.
>
> If this is what you see then unfortunately the colliding r605556 content
> has been elided and the r605556 revision is corrupt.

The revision 605556 is simply the current revision number of the
repository at the time of the attempted commit, and is unrelated to
the problem.  If I attempt the commit now, it's a higher number, but
otherwise the same error message.

Something I did notice is that the commit I'm trying to do is a
reversion to an older version of the same file.  The revision of the
file throwing the error at 604440 is identical to the file I'm trying
to commit, but the file currently in the repository is different.

If I commit a dummy version of the file, then commit the version I
actually want, the latter commit works.  Could the collision be in a
"diff" instead of the files themselves?

Melissa