On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:05:33 -0400 (EDT), Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com>
wrote:

>I believe svn log always connects to the "server".  The difference is where
>the
>"url" comes from.  In the first form, the user explicitly provides the url and
>in the second the url is formed from information in the .svn directories.

This I could in fact test! :)
The svn server I use ison a local server at the office and is not exposed
externally. I am hooked up to the office network via VPN, so I could disconnect
and re-test.
Sure enough, no log appeared. So it *is* a server side operation.

But there is no timeout on the client side, it just hangs there...
And reconnecting to the office while it is "waiting" does nothing at all. Still
just hangs there.

Test done on Windows 10 with svn client version 1.12.0
Server side svn version is 1.9.7, I believe.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden