Den sön 12 mars 2023 kl 22:46 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
>:

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 9:05 AM Baldauf Christoph
> <christoph.bald...@wiedemann-group.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think, I encountered a problem with the handling of file externals
> > that point to a redirected URL.
> > It looks to me like this issue is related to
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4428, with the difference,
> > that file externals are involved instead of normal externals.
> > When doing a checkout of a project that contains such file externals,
> > the command line client returns the following error message:

[...]

> Thanks for the report.
>
> The issue is confirmed to still exist in 1.14.2: See the mail Pál
> Kovács to users@s.a.o with title "redirection error with file
> externals - possible bug" dated Saturday, March 11, 2023, archived
> https://lists.apache.org/thread/go4r3lflzy7yvq7bt4rnofyc46n59whh (and
> other places).
>
> I have filed this issue as SVN-4911:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4911
>
> Until it is fixed, have you found any kind of workaround that might
> benefit other users?
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan

For the benefit of everyone watching this thread I'm cross posting what
I've already written in the other thread:

The issue #4428 was fixed in r1525902 but only for directory externals. The
same fix could be applied for file externals and I've committed a fix as
r1908926.

I will also nominate this fix for backport to 1.14.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg