On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:25:55 +0100, Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Den fre 1 dec. 2023 kl 08:35 skrev Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>:
>
>> As it has been for some time now when I enter a command window svn command
>> that
>> requires authentication it pops up a dialog on the GUI window which is
>> invisible
>> to me at that point.
>> It took a while before I understood what was going on, at first I thought
>> svn
>> had crashed or similar. It just hung there on the command window. :(
>>

>What does echo $DISPLAY return? I think it is awfully strange that an SSH
>session on the PiOS would start a graphical program, but if DISPLAY is set,
>maybe you can unset it and at least the GUI part would be solved?

echo $DISPLAY returns nothing at all

>> So on this new system I want to avoid this from happening and was
>> encouraged by
>> the output shown when I checked the svn version.
>>
>> I have no idea if any of the allowed stores mentioned (gnome-keyring,
>> kwallet,
>> gpg-agent) will work inside an SSH command line section...
>>

>I don't think any of those stores works on the command line. No idea what
>Subversion will do but I assume it will fall back to inputting the password
>on the command line.

OK, I will have to test it again.

But I have so many RPi units and some have this problem whereas others don't so
I have to somehow figure out how to test it on all to look for commonality/diff
between those that pop the GUI dialog and those that don't.

On one where the svn commands work without popping up anything I have this:

Inside ~/.subversion/auth are these dir/files:

svn.simple/03994a04eb338a432667e51f0e0720bf
svn.ssl.server/52e60f46d8c02303aea5256b18eb7aac

The other dirs are empty.

And the svn.simple/03994a04eb338a432667e51f0e0720bf file contains a reference to
gnome-keyring, could that be a non-GUI way of saving the login on a command line
operation?

Here it is:

cat auth/svn.simple/03994a04eb338a432667e51f0e0720bf
K 8
passtype
V 13
gnome-keyring
K 15
svn:realmstring
V 45
<https://svnserverpc:443> VisualSVN Server
K 8
username
V 5
bosse
END

The auth/svn.ssl.server/52e60f46d8c02303aea5256b18eb7aac file contains a block
of data looking like a cert of some kind (encrypted password maybe).
It also references the server connection, but not the username.

So maybe these two together is the store for text based access logins?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden