Thanks Chris.

What puzzled me about the absent closing </input> tag is that it appears
in the first example above, but not the second.  Yet this markup is
generated by the same DateField component (line 276 to be precise:
"writer.end()").

I searched the web for alternative 'date pickers'.  Bootstrap provides
one, and jQuery another.  Else Thiago's solution of employing browsers'
native datepickers through plain HTML5 may be the better approach.  With
the improvement in browsers since 2005 - when WebFX DatePicker was the
rage - it may be the right time to step away from 3rd party solutions.

Thiago, are you happy to release the DateField you wrote?  I could look at
modifying it to include both date and time, then present it as a complete
replacement to Tapestry's DateField.

Regards,

Chris.