Hello, I'm running two instances of 5.5.12 on Solaris 9 with no problems.

I'm using JDK 1.5.01 on one of them and JDK 1.5.05 on the other. I used the .sh (first the 32bit package and then the 64bit extensions) to extract the JDK and just pointed each JAVA_HOME to the specific installation.

Be sure to extract the 32bit version of your JDK or JRE first... and then install the 64bit patch. Otherwise it wont work.

In your place I'd define CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME inside catalina.sh to avoind using environment variables and to escape that feeling that you may mess up your OS Java installation.

Good luck,

Luis

Nick Lee wrote:

I just tried compiling a simple java program and got a segmentation fault. I
was using JDK5.0 which I just downloaded.

However, when I use the jdk that came from the system in /usr/sbin/javac,
the compilation completed successfully.

Looks like I did not install the downloaded JDk1.5 correctly. But, JDK1.5
installation is just running the sh file right?

Rgds