Gautam Gothoskar wrote:

- Name your web-app ROOT.war
- Put your web-app outside the appbase and place a ROOT.xml in the appbase

Mark

Hi!
  I have the following issue:
  I have a war file (myapp.war) which when deployed in
tomcat is accessible by using the url
http://localhost:8080/myapp. Tomcat creates a folder
called 'myapp' in the webapps directory. But I need to
configure the app in such a way that the the app is
accessible without any context path
(http://localhost:8080). This is possible if I copy
the expanded files from myapp folder into the ROOT
folder. But how do I tell tomcat to extract the files
into the ROOT folder instead of creating a 'myapp'
folder for deployment?
   I tried using myapp.xml file in the webapps folder
and adding the following content to it:
   <Context path="" docBase="myapp.war" debug="0">
   </Context>
   What this does is it creates the myapp folder but
the application is accessible using both urls:
http://localhost:8080/myapp as well as
http://localhost:8080/. I also see that 2 servlet
instances are loaded in memory.

   Any help will be appreciated.