Hi Daniel,

Firstly, Thank you for your response.

Secondly, I must confess that I failed to grasp some of it due to my
ignorance of Unix. I understood the overall idea but found myself
scared/hesitant in implementing it as I'm using Win Server 2003. I'm a bit
perplexed by the contents you said I could add to workers2.properties as I
was not aware that fields were acceptable in such format. May be its the
type of connector you are using or maybe its just my lack of
experience/knowledge.

I did find a soulution of ***sorts** which I would like to share with all of
you so that you may comment/bash on its weaknesses/lamenesses thus helping
me in finding a better one:

*sigh* I just:

a) Removed the "127.0.0.1    my.server.com" mapping from the hosts file.

b) Added another Virtual Host to my server.xml file...resulting in something
like this:

            <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
            <Host name="localhost" ...>
                <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
                          modJk="c:/apps/apache/apache2/modules/mod_jk-
apache-2.0.55.so" />
            </Host>

            <!-- Define the hack virtual host for external-facing-ip
requests>
            <Host name="my.server.com" ...>
                <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
                          modJk="c:/apps/apache/apache2/modules/mod_jk-
apache-2.0.55.so" />
            </Host>

c) This happened to do the job, as now the file that Tomcat was
auto-generating for use by Apache had some lines that accounted for the
proper forwarding of external-facing-ip requests as well :)
These were not there earlier and the file I speak of is
"tomcat_home\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf" )

d) I still feel a bit jilted because my solution seems repetitive...there
are 2 virtual hosts that are located in the exact same place and to top it
off they have the same listeners inside them. They are identical in every
aspect.
I HAD tried entering <Alias>my.server.com</Alias> under the localhost
virtual-host but that did not seem to do the job... so I settled for having
this repitition.

Do let me know of your thoughts on this...

Cheers,
- Pulkit