I aked Yaov Shapira if Java Questions were ok for this list.  He said it was
fine because this is a USER list for Tomcat.  And java class programming has a
great deal to do with using Tomcat.

"Frank W. Zammetti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I don't quite see how this is
Tomcat-related, but...

Your code can't connect to your X server, which is necessary for many
Java graphics-related functions to work on a *nix system.  I dealt with
this at one point when getting DataVision working on Linux, and I recall
the solution being something to do with an environment variable, but the
exact answer eludes me.

Actually, it looks like you *have* defined the environment variable
(DISPLAY in the stack trace rings a bell).  Is X running?  I believe it
has to be for this to work.

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti