Thanks Everyone,

 Your many responses were correct.  I'm on my way.  Closer anyway, I get a
different error now, but I think I can track it down.  I'll let you know if I
need any more help.

 Justin Jaynes

Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On 1/12/06, Justin Jaynes  wrote:

> I've written a java class to scale jpeg images. But I can't seem to get it to
> work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

>  javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't connect to X11 window server using
> ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

This looks like a variation of the 'headless' problem.  (Are you
running X11 on the server?)

Try running Tomcat with:
   CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true"

--
Wendy