I had the same problem a while back. I had to do some googling and find the mod_jk source. Trying to compile it was problematic and I also got the unresolved errors I had to rebuild apache with jk as part of the build in order to get it to work.

I wish I could remember where I got the source and the instructions, but I am old and forget easily (actually age has nothing to do with it....always been like that) I appologize, especially since I spent many hours trying this and that and I know what you are going through I do remember, that the proceedure was different with apache 2.x than it was with 1.3x that I have installed.

Greg Bobak wrote:

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28 BTW.

G.

Greg Bobak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I am trying to get mod_jk to work with apache 2.0.55 and get this error on the load module:

Syntax error on line 276 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so: symbol ap_null_cleanup: referenced symbol not found

I have looked everywhere, and have been advised to recompile apache, which I have done successfully a few times. This is how I have recompiled:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-ssl=shared --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --enable-proxy --enable-proxy-connect --enable-proxy-ftp --enable-proxy-http --enable-so --enable-rule="SHARED_CORE"

make

make install

I use "make clean" between attempts..Ihave tried withou the "SHARED_CORE" and without the --enable-so because --enable-mods-shared=all should cover that. Still no luck.

I am using Solaris 9.  Here is some diag info:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/apache2/bin # ldd -d /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
symbol not found: ap_server_root (/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so) symbol not found: ap_null_cleanup (/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so) symbol not found: dir_module (/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so)
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Serverblade1/lib/libc_psr.so.1

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/apache2/bin # httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.55
Server built:   Jan 23 2006 13:17:34
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:11
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/apache2/bin # httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.55
Server built:   Jan 23 2006 13:17:34

Please advise as to what info would be helpful in determining the root cause.

Thanks for your help,
Greg

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos

--
Mike Sabroff
Web Services Developer