buried in your stacktrace:

SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:80

Combine this with your previous statement "... until I rebooted my
computer"....

Most likely there is a version of Apache web server that was enabled with
your ubuntu installation, that at some point in the past, you or someone
else turned off (and have subsequently forgotten about).  On restart, ubuntu
is configured to start apache, which it does, and it grabs port 80.

Then, tomcat fails to start as stated in its logs.

Which is why you see the default "congrats on setting up apache" message
from apache. Even though you didn't install apache, it's part of your ubuntu
setup and it restarts with your box.