On 04.09.2012 05:37, Ferdie Romero wrote:
On Sep 4, 2012 11:25 AM, "Ferdie Romero" <ferdierom...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 3, 2012 10:43 PM, "Ferdie Romero" <ferdierom...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
wrote:

On 03.09.2012 15:46, Ferdie Romero wrote:

The exact step is "make" and the error is

I guess you are running configure first? yes, we use ./configure
--with-apache=prefix

How does your configure command look like? Does it automatically find
your apxs or apxs2 or do you give the path to it as a configure flag?

--ยป we don't have apxs or apxs2, is this really required?

Yes. It comes with the web server. Some distribution packs it into a seperate dev package. Whoever provided you with the web server should also be able to give you the right apxs.

Without apxs configure will fail with an error.

What does "apxs -q LIBTOOL" (or "apxs2 -q LIBTOOL") return? Maybe you
need to add the path to apxs before calling it.

-->we don't have apxs or apxs2, is this really required?

When being inside the native directory of the mod_jk sources:

What is the result of "grep -i libtool config.log" after running
configure?
-->result is
connectors-1.2.37-src/native # grep -i libtool config.log
configure:9934: checking if libtool supports shared libraries
configure:10096: creating libtool configure:19290: result:
LIBTOOL="$(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool" LIBTOOL='$(SHELL)
$(top_builddir)/libtool'

OK, that's normal. It is looking for libtool in the native directory inside the sources.

The same for "grep LIBTOOL Makefile"?
-->we don't have Makefile in the src.directory of the connector

Are you looking in the "native" directory, where you issue the make command? If it is not there, then configure did not run successfully.

The same for "grep macro_version= libtool"?
-- >we don't have libtool in the src.directory of the connector

Correct directory? The one where you run configure and make?

version mismatch error. This libtool 2.4.2 but the definition of this
LT_INIT comes from an older release. You should recreate aclocal.m4
with
macros from libtool 2.4.2 and run autoconf again.

It seems it tries to use your own libtool instead of the one we
provide. We'll see after you respond to the above questions.

Based on the guide that we are using we need to perform ./configure,
make
and make install for the tomcat connector.

If you have all the needed auto tools installed you could run
./buildconf.sh before running configure. This will recreate configure from
your own auto tools including libtool. But this is not recommended.
configure should work without running buildconf and no installed libtool
needed.
--> we already tried using buildconf but we got the same error during
make.

Find the right apxs for your platform and try running configure and make again.

Regards,

Rainer