On 9/5/2012 3:29 PM, PJ Delsh wrote:
Chris and Tim,
When we had Tomcat issues, every Tomcat professional we spoke to told us to
drop Windows and move to Linux ASAP.  We were told that Tomcat is more stable
and less sensitive on Linux, and there are far better troubleshooting tools on
Linux than there are for Windows.
If this is inaccurate, then Tomcat consulting companies are spreading
misinformation.
-PJ

They're not spreading misinfomation, they're just pushing people to where they want them to go for their own purposes. We have been running TC apps on windows for about 15 years (since TC 4.x), with some of them taking more than 4 million transactions per day (up to 100 per second during peak times), and go months between restarts. And even then, those restarts are just for windows security updates.