Regarding the aliases feature:

single path -> multiple file paths: No
multiple different non-intersecting paths -> multiple file paths: Yes

As far as I remember, an example of using multiple aliases is present
in documentation.
Thanks Konstantin, it seems to be working perfectly fine.

This is how I am doing it now,

<Context aliases="/UploadedImages=c:/UploadedImages,/st=c:/st,/sb=c:/sb,/UploadedImages/scr=c:/UploadedImages/scr,/UploadedImages/scyr=c:/UploadedImages/scyr,/UploadedImages/sem=c:/UploadedImages/sem">

Now I have one clarification, I am going need close to 150 categories(think of marketplace) and there will be fair amount of images upload which my users will be doing.

I expect the aliases to grow till 150 to 200 paths, do you feel this is correct.I am not sure as how large sites deal when they have heavy volumes of images getting uploaded on daily basis.

Do I need to cautious here on anything.