After playing around for a day,

this is another solutions which worked for me,

<Context aliases="/UploadedImages=c:/UploadedImages"></Context> with Tomcat 7.0.11 in context.xml

I think now I understand as how aliases work, /UploadedImages is the aliaspath and c:/UploadedImages is the docbase to which it refers.

Is this understanding correct ?

In manager app I see something called /files , not sure as what is this ?