On Sep 20, 2012, at 9:25 AM, Brett Delle Grazie wrote:

On 20 September 2012 13:53, Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl> wrote:
On 20.09.2012 14:49, Patrick Flaherty wrote:

I sent a question out a few days ago that I could *not* get the JVM
Parameters set via the command-line using //US//.

Can you give me an example of the syntax that worked for you ? I'm
just looking to set the min/max heap sizes.

http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html

Syntax is not so easy to use.
The easiest way is to use tomcatw.exe - unless you have to use CLI.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

The default service name is 'Tomcat7' so presuming %CATALINA_HOME%
represents the tomcat home directory:
Note that for updating the service via command line you need to use
tomcat7.exe not tomcat7w.exe
so to increase your default heap size from 256 to 512 Mb you would use:
%CATALINA_HOME%/bin/tomcat.exe //US//Tomcat7 --JvmMx=512

Hi Mikolaj,

Have you tried this and gotten it to work ? My check to see if it took has been to open tomcatw.exe and check the values there.
No matter what I've tried I cannot get it to take.

Thanks
Pat

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>