"Mead, Jen L" <mead....@con-way.com> wrote:

>Hi Chris,
>
>I met you at a PERL conference years and years ago along with a bunch
>of other people you met.  Anyways.  Exactly what I am trying to do is
>allow folks to use their web browser (I would like to stick with tomcat
>7.0.27 on aix 6.1) from their windows workstation and authenticate
>against the windows domain.  I am hoping this can be accomplished
>without creating unix accounts.  The permissions for it, page access or
>run the tool would reside in the tomcat configuration side, but all
>authentification would be from the windows side.  If you can tell me
>how to do that I would be pretty happy.  I cannot find documentation on
>how to do it

Did you find this?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html

I haven't tested this when Tomcat is on a non-Windows platform. It is
certainly possible for this to work although whether any other pieces
(such as samba) are required and what their configuration might be I
don't know. OTOH, it might just work.

I'll add looking at this to my to do list but it is a long list...

Mark