Christopher Schultz wrote:

Jan,

On 12/7/12 6:06 PM, Jan Kostelansky wrote:
I am experiencing problems running vb script under tomcat.

[...]

I created servlet which does precisely the same as simple java
program.

If it's on the server side, there are a whole bunch of issues you
could be encountering. Please post the Java code you are using to
launch the script on the server.

If I run servlet in tomcat7 under Win XP - everything is fine

If I run servlet in tomcat7 under Win 7 64 bit - program stops
when Word.Applicaiton ActiveX component opens docx document.

Do you mean that the thread blocks and you never get a response from
Tomcat? You are probably not managing your streams -- or the
underlying process -- properly.

Or, André's suggestion is right that Microsoft Office has lots of
failure modes when running under a Service.

This is not tomcat error precisely as it works on XP. I have a
feeling enhanced Windows7 security causes this issues.

Possibly. Are there any log messages (catalina.log, etc.) or error
events in the Windows event viewer?

From personal experience : it has not much to do with Windows 7 security, rather more with the slightly different way in which Windows 7 runs services, as compared to XP. There will probably not be any error in the logs of Tomcat (apart maybe from an error related to the bad end of the process). The errors will happen in the MS-Office software itself, and will typically be of the types listed in the MS article earlier mentioned.