Hello to all.

I have tomcat 6 using JULI for logging (logging.properties in conf dir) plus several webapps using its own log4j.properties.

I need to centralized all the logs so i thought to put a global/shared log4j.properties in $CATALINA_BASE\lib so that tomcat and each webapp can be controlled through this file.

The problem i'm facing is that no logs are produced.

At this time i'm trying to configure just TOMCAT, no webapps, to log through log4j but still no logs are produced. I've folowed the tutorial in Apache logging webpage with the standard log4j.properties. No logs in $CATALINA_BASE\logs.

Can you help me saying what mistakes i am doing in this basic configuration (tomcat and no apps)?

Thanks.

Tiago