Hello all,

I am currently working for a client on a problem concerning authentication on a
Tomcat server, by first logging in on a remote ISA-server.
The problem is as follows (usernames, passwords and domains are replaced by
dummies or blancs, for obvious security concerns :) ):

On the Tomcat server, there is an application of OpenText. For this
application, we defined the login-config as:
<login-config>
                <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
                <realm-name>test.dmz</realm-name>
</login-config>

In the configuration of Tomcat, in the server.xml file, we defined the realm as
follows:
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
                connectionURL="..."
                alternateURL="..."
                connectionName="...<mailto:svc_opentext_p...@isoext.dmz>"
                connectionPassword="..."
                referrals="follow"
                userBase="DC=test,DC=dmz"
                userSearch="(sAMAccountName={0})"
                userSubtree="true"
                roleBase="DC=test,DC=dmz"
                roleName="cn"
                roleSearch="(member={0})"
                roleSubtree="false"
\>

The problem with this, is that the query for the sAMAccountName on the
LDAP-server doesn't return a valid user.

In the header of the request, the credentials of the user are specified as:
"test.dmz\aelz:123Test"
After debugging and packet analysis, we found out that the query was checking
if there was a sAMAccountName which equals "test.dmz lz".

The problem is that the token {0}, which is filled in automatically by Tomcat
using the credentials from the HTTPS-header, contains a backslash after the
domain.
However, we cannot change the ISA-server settings to prevent this, as other
servers depend on this manner of identification.

My question now is:
Does anybody know if we can "intercept" the token and escape the backslash or
even better substring the username from that token?
Or are there alternatives to this "{0}" token?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

With kind regards,

Dries