Thanks to everyone who helped with their suggestions!
We have switched the numbers, as you pointed out.  Howard's suggestion to add
the following command line options in tomcat7w.exe:
-Xmx4096m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-XX:+UseTLAB
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnableddid the trick.  The CPU utilization by Tomcat is
now really-really low.  We'll keep an eye on it, but so far-so good.
Cheers,Dima